Tuesday 2 September 2014

Even More Family Matters

Well, it has been a few weeks since I put finger to keyboard, so to speak.  It has been an eventful time - I joined my wife for a quick trip back to South Africa and spent a very pleasant few days (Spring was definitely in the air there..!) visiting friends and family in both Johannesburg and Cape Town.

I caught up with ex-schoolfriend and fellow Blogger Janet and it was a fabulous few hours.  Amazing how the years just melt away when you meet someone who you knew so many years ago.

Both of us have lives, bursting full of news, stories, laughter tears and wonderful friends & family - those two hours were never enough to catch up.   More please ... when you visit Ascot ...!

And the visit to my Aunt Joan and cousin Brenda and family proved wonderful, as always ... and is partially responsible for the radio silence since then (well, that and the fact that I have been whisked back to work by a client who urgently need me to go back in and help them...!  Just as I was enjoying the break too...!

Anyway, the family time allowed me to catch up with Mum's sister and her daughter & family ... and as we were discussing this Blog and the various family connections I have been making, Joan mentioned that she too had been preparing a book, documenting her life.

I offered to transfer that to a Digital format ... and so, here we are a few weeks later and I am now able to release her story.  Joan's Memoirs.

I recommend it in particular to the Luen families, the Stevenson families, the Downes family and the Klonowski's ... and anyone who is interested.  It is a fascinating story.

I will include the link here (Joan's Memoirs) and wish you a pleasant read.

My Mum (who acted as a consultant on the Memoirs) and I will return soon with more of our own stories & pictures.


1 comment:

  1. It was a really wonderful reunion! I am loving reading the Memoirs - save a little bit for each day. Beautifully written. Love to you and Julie x

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to add a comment, or send a message to Mum - you know where the keyboard is .... get typing!